Saturday, October 15, 2011

Platter for 8 - Media Event

I don't know what's with the number "8", I just noticed most establishments are using it. Lucky number, eh? Anyhoo, I together with my blogger friends was invited by Gellie, a beauty blogger to attend a Food Event in the newest Mall in town, Venice Piazza in McKinley Hill. 


I was there real early! Like early, early! :) Then I met up with Eenah, another beauty blogger. After the quick one on one orientation on how to use the Food Passport, we headed for a table where our co-bloggers were seated! :D We were offered drinks, and I had a cup of Lemonade! :D

BLOGGERS: Kei, Eenah & Jessa
Star, Moi & my seatmate with a pretty satchel, Myrted! :)
Heeeee! Eenah! Look! :D
RRREADY? SET? CHOW! :)

James Dean Platter X Sweet Pea
JAMES DEAN PLATTER:

What I like about this set of appetizer is the variety of pika-pika (slang for finger food) which ranges from salty to a bit spicy. I loved the twister fries with melted cheese on top, also the flaming wings which went great with the BBQ sauce! The Pork BBQ taste good and the meat was tender, reminded me of Goldilocks! :)

Yoshi's Platter X Ramen Bar
Yoshi's Platter:

This includes 8 bowls of Ramen and a set of Asado Pao. Their Ramen doesn't look very appetizing but, the taste surprised me! The shredded pork was really tender like it melted on my mouth and the noodles was perfectly cooked! Asado Pao Appetizer Plate on the other hand was also good, its just that the meat inside the bread was tad bit over cooked. But its tastes real good too.

Empire Italian's Platter X Empire Deli
Empire Italian's Platter:

I love how tangy the chicken's marinade was, it did compliment the sweetness of its gravy and it went well with the roasted potato and stir fried veggies on the side, whilst the pasta was a bit over cooked, I was expecting it to be Aldente, but the sauce was great! I didn't get to try their salad.

Cheaper by the Dozen X Sol Gelato
Cheaper by the Dozen:

This is my FAVORITE! :) And I am still craving for it! Its not the typical dessert, ice cream nor gelato. Trust me! They do have a variety of flavors in one big ass ice cream cup. They have vanilla, raspberry, coffee and many more. The word of the night, KATINKO flavor! Kidding aside, its not the boring ice-cream-only type, if you know what I mean. It has yummy choco bits surprises on the inside and at the very bottom! You wont regret gaining a single pound for this baby!

Arriane's Platter X The Red Crab Alimango's House
 Arriane's Platter:

I didn't get to taste anything on this platter cause I'm so full already but its looks so yummy! The finger foods on the side along with a choice of dips! And the Filipino staple food, RICE!

Korean Group Meals Platter X KBOP
Korean Group Meals Platter (served with rice):

I love their Kimbap! The sauce wasn't too salty, the dimsum wrapper was just a bit tough but bearable, and the veggies was sooooo good! A bit too spicy but it was really good! The breaded squid in sweet and sour sauce was my second FAVORITE! The spices weren't over-empowering the taste squid itself, in tagalog, hindi nakakasawa.

Little Asia's Asian Platter X Little Asia Symphony of Flavors
Little Asia's Asian Platter:

I didn't get to try this cause we we're moving from one table to another! But I did try smelling the pansit (stir fried noodles with seafood and veggies), and it smells so good, very Chinese! Reminded me of Angkong's pansit. :(

Fish and Steak Platter X Old Vine Grille
Fish and Steak Platter:

This is my third favorite, the stir fried fish! Love how tasty it was without the after taste! Also, I love the beef's done-ness, medium well. Again, I didn't get to try any salad from any restaurant cause I'm making way for the meat! :D

Salo Salo X Kuse
Salo Salo:

I regret not having to taste the bistek tagalog! Yes, I didn't get to try it but just by looking at it, you'd know what kind of dish that was. Gotta love Filipino food!

Fantastic Four Platter X Carlo's Pizza
Fantastic Four Platter:

I tried their colorful nachos! I super love the dip, and the crunchiness of the chips inspite being exposed to air. Didn't get to try the onion rings and those chicken cause my allergy is slowly kicking in.

Auss'm Party Platter X Stacker's Burger Cafe
Auss'm Party Platter:

I super love the fish fingers and the fries! Though it was tad bit oily-- bearable. This comes with a plate of pasta, which I didn't get to try.

Nakayoshi Platter X Tokyo Cafe
Nakayoshi Platter:

Served with rice. I didn't get to try their Cordon Blue! My brother who's also a student chef's fond of making Cordon Blue for us! Anyhoo, I will definitely try those platter soon! :D

We missed Pasta Trio Platter X Blackwood Bistro, hopefully will get to try that one soon! Heeee :) You guys hungry? :)

BTS:

Heeeee oily. :p Super had fun with these Beauty Bloggers! :D
You guys might wanna try the
EVERYDAY HAPPY HOUR at the Venice Piazza
4pm-8pm starting Oct 15 to December 31, 2011

See you guys around! :D

6 comments:

Arnie Villanueva said...

Yummy!!! Ako na nagutom with this post!!

Xoxo,
Arnie
http://arnievillanueva.blogspot.com

Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

What a night.

ghoent said...

dang this post is making me sooo hungry!

AVA TE-ZABAT♥ said...

i am beyond hungry with this entry!! You look lovely, brie :)

Brie M said...

@ARNIE: Super! Ako din while I was writing hahaha

@TEREZA: Indeed!

@GHOENT: Hahahahaha food is love!

@AVA: Should've invited you! Aww thanks, Ava! See you real soon! :D

beautylilsecrets said...

grabe, had so much fun and food that night! Brie, pansin ko lang, ang kukulet ng photos ko sa page mo! parang lagi kami nagdadaldalan ni Jes! Anyhoots, pa-grab ng pix ha! mwah! :)