Tuesday, September 6, 2011

One fine day

I remember my brother ranting about his marketing plan, where he got a zombie-look, staying pass his bedtime just to work on his paper for the "terror engineer". He was on the edge of not caring anymore, whether to pass that subject or not. I knew he'd pass, and upon reviewing his marketing plan, I was struck and made me realize that hey, he's not just into cooking (cause he's a culinary student), he writes pretty well too! I knew from that moment that he'd get an A. Days went by, he greeted us with "Akala ko babagsak ako eh! HAHAHAHA! asdfghjkl!" (You guys know what I mean by, asdfghjkl, right? Haha)

And the same thing happened to me, not with my marketing plan though (cause I got a nice professor) it was about my thesis. Remember? When I did a small write-up regarding those general managers I spoke with? Well, my nightmare started at the 3rd week of June, 2011. I thought from then on that, if nobody from my group will help, we'll definitely flunk a major subject, which I cannot afford to (I'm graduating, for God's sake!). so, just like my brother, I stayed up late, like really late, I got 4 hours of sleep, at times 3 is all good.

I was trying to convince myself, I can do it. Dana, and I can do it. Were 6 in the group, where.. Dana and I are just the concerned ones. I couldn't careless, my grade wont be their grade anyway. It was hell, and hell was just an understatement cause our professor was expecting too much from our group (this time, it just Dana and I). She (our professor) told us, she's impressed by my manuscript (I'll try my best to post some part of my paper here :D). And the day we've been all dreading for-- not to happen, CAME. I was nervous, I was shaking. Like I wanna poop, I wanna vomit and all. I don't know what to say, I was asked to do the introduction. Yada Yada Yada. After 10 minutes, "Excellent work. The two of you!". OMG! We passed! Dana and I passed! I believe my other groupmate did too. :D She didn't even ask us anything (except for my other groupmate), and she stopped us after the 1st chart for the interpretation of data. I know you guys won't believe it but, will I write about it if its not true or something? Knowing that my schoolmates are reading my blog? HAHAHA! (Call me show off, Im just proud of what I get for studying real hard! Haha)

That applause made this whole 1st semester a whole lot better, and worth staying up late for. :) Any suggestions on how I will reward myself? (Sorry for being so self-centered haha!) Aside from eating :D

And oh! Here's my quick fix during my stressful days! I know I eat too much, don't judge me. :D

What are your stress-busters?

2 comments:

Vanessa Mercado said...

my stress-busters? happy lemon or serenitea plus cheesecake! hehe..chocolate is a great de-stresser too!

Brie M said...

@DINA: OMG! Happy Lemon is heaven!