Saturday, June 25, 2011

Playing it safe | Re-invented Looks

Playing it safe


I was browsing through the net and I saw this article that says something like: "Have you ever opened your closet while getting ready and thinking, "I have absolutely nothing to wear today"? ". I thing every girl/woman/lady, whatever you want to call us-- have been through that. I personally experience that nowadays, but for the love of fashion, I try as much as possible to mix and match everything I have. I wouldn't mind wearing things repeatedly, I wore it with attitude so nobody would notice!


So here's what I would usually wear in a week, if my closet would permit! 




Look #1: 

Inspired by menswear without looking very-manly-ish.



teal collared blouse, tweed trousers, and mary jane pumps from Raoul Fall/Winter 2011 inspired outfit

as for my re-invention I took:
 Elizabeth and James Quincey crinkled-crepe blousePHILLIP LIM Draped pocket trouser, MARUM by Aldo and Metallic Leather belt by costumenational.com



Look #2

For months like these, Its a must to grab a jacket that can go with whichever outfit you'd like to wear.


 tan peacoat with black buttons, blue button down shirt, and cropped denim jeans from MCS Marlboro Classics Spring/Summer 2011

as for my re-invention:
 PAUL & JOE Silk Dress white & blueAMINA SUEDE COAT & Valentino Nappa leather platform pumps

Look #3
I just love oversized tops which I can turn into chic dresses by just clinching it with a stylish belt.


multicolored plaid shirt dress from MCS Marlboro Classics Spring/Summer 2011

as for my re-invented look:
 Ladies Chiffon Crop Dress, Camel waterfall jacket & Kurt Geiger Suki Lace-Up Ankle Boots

Look #4
Inspired by Maxi-sheer skirts and platforms with a touch of vintage


Ferdie Abuel's Holiday 2011 Collection for Fashion Watch Quartet

as for my re-invented look:
 Alexander mcqueen tops CREAM, Cream Tie Dye Maxi Skirt X Topshop & Jeffrey Campbell Rockin in Platform Wedges


Look #5
Its similar to my re-invented look #3, but on this one, I opted to use shirt-dresses and military boots for a masculine feel.

belted shirt dress from MCS Marlboro Classics Spring/Summer 2011

as for my re-invented look:
 striped roll sleeve dress by shopbird.com, Mexicana Boots Lace-Up Studs x Jades24.com


There you go! :)


2 comments:

itsNikki said...

Hi brie! Just stumbled across your blog and thought that maybe i could drop by and say Hi! Great blog you have and awesome photos too! Hope you can have the time and drop by mine as well. Have great day! xx

http://itsnikki-goes-trendy-chic.blogspot.com/

Brie M said...

Hi Nikki! Sure, I'll visit your blog soon! Thanks for dropping by sweetie! XO